Drawing of realistic lip. (reuploaded)

 

This is the picture of my realistic lip drawing. You can learn how to draw this by your self with only a pencil, eraser, paper, ruler (optional) if you read the instructions (down below).  Lets get started!

Step 1: The first step for drawing anything would be to find a hard, sturdy surface to draw on. After that, the next step you should do is to draw the outline. An outline is basically a basic sketch of what you are drawing. The outline of lips looks so easy, but when you draw it, many find it hard to make the lips even. For this reason, for my outline, I first drew a rectangular box. In that box, I drew a horizontal and vertical line down the middle of my box. (Example is in the picture shown below.)
                                                 
I also drew a line in the middle of the four small rectangles as you can see in the picture. If you have done this part right, then the lines should make a diamond shape (it doesn't need to be perfect). Then using these lines, try to make a lip outline like the one underneath. 
After you are done, make sure to erase all lines, but keep the outline so we can use it. The picture above is my outline after I erased all the unnecessary lines. 

Step 2: The next step to the drawing is going to be blending. Blending is an art technique that many people use to add a soft layer of pencil to your black and white sketch. Guess what, we are blending for the first layer with pencil. The first step is to use a pencil softly to shade in the inside of the lips (not the rest of the paper). Then, take a soft tissue or if you really don't have anything else that will work you can use your finger (I do not recommend this for it hurts, the oils from your fingers can effect the drawing and your fingers will have a layer of pencil led on them which you have to wash off). After you are finished with the blending part, you lips should look like the picture shown below.
After your lips turn out like this, make sure to redraw the outline without drawing a box. 

Step 3: The next step for your drawing is going to be something that makes the object look more real. If you think that the next part of the drawing was going to be adding highlights and shadows, then you are right! For my drawing, I added highlights in places where light can easily get to. The place where I have added highlights are the middle of the lips (on both the bottom and top lip). I didn't find any other place where I thought we should put highlights in, but if you find one, you can use it in your drawing to make it look better! Now, lets talk about shadows. Shadows are usually in the spots where there isn't much light such as, the right and left side of both lips (top and bottom). Another place where you can add a shadow is, near the line in the middle of the drawing that separates both lips. The picture shown below is what my drawing turned out like after I have added highlights (I added shadows after I did the next step).


Step 4: The next step for your drawing, is to make it look like it's real and 3D. The next step is to add lines which kinda look like parentheses in the picture as shown below to your drawing.
After practicing these shapes on other/extra paper, you can now add them to your drawing. In the picture shown below, you can see my drawing of lips with the parentheses and shadows.
Last Step: The last step to finish your drawing is to make it look neat. What I did to make my drawing look neat was to erase smudge marks and re-tracing the outline. If you need to repeat some of the steps from above, for example you want to do another layer of blending and repeating the steps above, go for it! After that, erase some of the area where light would reflect on (depends on your angle. If wanted, you could use mine as a example.)
                                            🌷  I hope your drawing turns out marvelous! 🌷